About usSocial Performance Management (SPM)
What is Social Performance?
Social Performance is effective translation of an organization’s mission into practice in line with adopted social values.
In order to effectively translate its Mission into practice, OBS has set the following social performance objectives:
- Outreach to clients from rural areas of Serbia where financial services and scarce (financial inclusion), especially to small agricultural households with mixed agro production
- Benefits to broader macroeconomic environment – creation of new and sustaining of existing jobs as a result of OBS loans’ impact
- Outreach to low-income clients as well as underbanked clients, whose access to loans is difficult or even non-existent due to their low and/or irregular incomes
Since beginning of 2014 OBS is measuring its social impact with regard to all its loan clients, in line with the adopted SPM methodology and through its Core Banking System. Regular reports are produced on a monthly basis for the bank’s management team and quarterly for the bank’s Board of Directors, which evaluates the bank’s progress in achieving its social goals and pass relevant decisions and recommendations for the bank’s executive management team.
In November 2018, OBS was awarded with the Smart Campaign’s Client Protection Certification for the third time since 2014. The institution that has awarded this certificate to OBS, Smart Campaign, works globally to create an environment in which financial services are delivered safely and responsibly to low-income clients. Smart Certification is a way for financial service providers to demonstrate their commitment to client protection. More information about certified organizations is available HERE.
General information on structure and impact of OBS loans as of Dec 2019:
|Dec 2016||Dec 2017||Dec 2018||DEC 2019|
|ACTIVE PORTFOLIO||Rural clients (%)||65%||71%||74%||75%|
|Average loan size (EUR)||2,077||2,094||2,069||2,030|
|Loans under € 1,000 (%)||22%||20%||18%||17%|
|Loans € 1000-5000 (%)||66%||69%||71%||74%|
LOANS MADE TO DATE
|Loans made to date (EUR)||397,891,583||472,186,670||558,386,538||655,945,907|
|Loans made to date (#)||126,797||154,953||187,670||225,087|
- Opportunity Bank in Serbia
- OBS in numbers
Did you know
- Opportunity Banks is a proud owner of the SMART Certificate issued by the Smart Campaign which confirms that we protect rights of all clients.Opportunity Bank has received a high social rating grade A from Microfinanza Rating on the occasion of independent assessment of bank’s social performance.